WEST CHESTER, Pa., November 21, 2014 – In advance of the Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade on December 5, Univest Bank and Trust Co. is hosting the Fan Favorite Contest in which the public can visit www.univest.net/band to vote for their favorite band marching in the parade. Out of the six bands that chose to participate, the band that receives the most votes over the two-week contest will be awarded $500. Voting will run through December 4, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. and individuals may vote once per day.
In addition, Univest is serving as the sponsor of the overall band competition which awards more than $5,000 in prize money based on the evaluations of three professional judges the night of the parade. Winners will be announced immediately following the parade in front of the historic courthouse at the intersection of High and Market Streets.
“Univest is proud to sponsor this year’s band competition to recognize the outstanding talents of these young musicians,” said Julie Sommese, senior vice president of Corporate Banking for Univest Bank and Trust Co. “In addition to being a new sponsor, we’re adding a social Fan Favorite Contestto this year’s band competition to get the community even more involved in this favorite holiday tradition in West Chester and award one lucky band with an early Christmas present.”
OFFICIAL FAN FAVORITE CONTEST RULES
No purchase necessary. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase chances of winning.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to marching bands participating in the West Chester, PA Mars Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade that submitted videos by November 12, 2014. Band eligibility is determined by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited.
2. Voting: Individuals may visit www.univest.net/band to submit a vote. One vote is permitted per day. No personal information will be collected in order to submit a vote. Voting will take place from 10:00 a.m. ET Friday, November 21 – 8:00 p.m. ET Thursday, December 4
3. Winner Selection: The band video that receives the most votes will win the Fan Favorite contest.
4. Winner Notification and Verification: The winner will be announced at the Mars Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade in
West Chester on December 5, 2014. A representative of the winning band must be present to accept the prize.
5. Prize: One $500 donation will be made to the school of the winning band. The prize must be claimed in-person at the Mars Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade in West Chester, PA.
6. Release: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to the use of the school and band name and/or likenesses for promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
7. General Conditions: Univest Corporation reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the contest at any time.
8. Winners List: The name of the winner will be announced on Univest’s Facebook and Twitter pages as well as at www.univest.net/band. The name of the winning band may also be obtained by sending a request to email@example.com.
About Univest Corporation
Univest Corporation of Pennsylvania (UVSP), including its wholly-owned subsidiary, Univest Bank and Trust Co., Member FDIC, has $2.2 billion in assets, and $3.0 billion in assets under management and supervision through its Wealth Management lines of business. Headquartered in Souderton, Pa. and founded in 1876, the Corporation and its subsidiaries provide a full range of financial solutions for individuals, businesses, municipalities and nonprofit organizations in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Univest delivers these services through a network of more than 40 offices in southeastern Pennsylvania extending to the Lehigh Valley, Maryland and online at www.univest.net.