Apply to be the GWCC President!
The Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking candidates for the position of President. This not-for-profit organization is located in the heart of Chester County, Pennsylvania and is devoted to serving the businesses, entrepreneurs, and organizations in our community by providing advocacy, resources and opportunities. The President serves as a visible and visionary leader for the local business community by communicating about matters beneficial to that community related to public policy, planning, development, collaboration and opportunities in addition to implementing and evaluating Chamber programs, projects, and events.
The President reports to the Board of Directors and will work closely with the board chair and executive board to ensure the Chamber’s success in meeting its objectives as outlined in its annual Business and Strategic Plan.
The President is responsible for the strategic and operational planning for the organization, sponsorship development, membership relations, and the management of the staff and finances of the organization.
The President will provide support for the following committees (but not limited to):
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Chamber Education Foundation Board
- Nominating Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Other committees and task forces as needed
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related business field and at least 5 years of leadership and management experience is preferred. A chamber of commerce certification through the US Chamber of Commerce or American Chamber of Commerce Executive (ACCE) is preferred but not required.
Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of business practices including ability to forecast/develop a yearly budget, ensure timely delivery of monthly financial reports to the Board and maintain general control of expenditures;
- Working knowledge of local government laws, ordinances, zoning requirements, real estate taxes;
- Working knowledge of state and local legislative political processes and environments;
- Working understanding of social media and the role it will play in the Chamber’s forward strategy;
- Ability to analyze, understand, and act upon complex legislation;
- Ability to identify, lobby for, and secure sources of federal, state, and local government funding to encourage business growth in the County;
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, including demonstrated ability to anticipate and plan for the future and realign priorities quickly when dealing with unanticipated events;
- Proven ability to implement strategic plans and forecasts to identify and achieve business development objectives;
- Ability to effectively lead/manage people;
- Ability to provide effective oversight of operations and administration;
- Demonstrated fundraising experience with events, campaigns, and grant writing;
- Strong English language aptitude, including the ability to communicate effectively orally and written;
- Polished presenter, comfortable presenting and using technology in front of large audiences;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; including ability to maintain effective relationships with the Board of Directors, chamber members, and staff; effectively collaborate with business leaders of the community, as well as with government representatives, civic leaders, and members of the public;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products;
- Firm commitment to the mission and core values of the Chamber;
- Strong ethical responsibility to coworkers, officials, affiliations, associations, and community;
- Relentless positive energy and professionalism.
Candidates interested in applying, please send your resume to: PresidentSearch@gwcc.org .