‘Twas the Weekend Before Christmas, and all through the borough, West Chester’s elves make your winter fun thorough! Chester County Hospital Lights Up Holiday Weekends in West Chester continues for a fourth consecutive weekend with free activities for the whole family to make your spirits bright.
This Friday through Sunday, the festivities include the following, as visitors enjoy block after block of holiday lights, gorgeous holiday window displays and the one-of-a-kind shops and restaurants that make West Chester so vibrant:
Friday, December 17
- Professional Gingerbread House Competition – Come stroll the borough and vote on social media for your favorite professionally designed gingerbread house! Each house celebrates the holidays with a nod to West Chester.
- Cakes and Candies by Maryellen– on display at Sunset Hill Jewelers & Fine Arts Gallery
- John Serock Catering– on display at Bryn Mawr Running Company West Chester
- Master’s Baker– on display at Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
- Yori’s Bakery– on display at Yori’s Bakery
- Carlino’s Specialty Foods– on display at Carlino’s in West Chester
- 5 p.m.– Lenape Brass Band at Taylor’s Music 116 W Gay St, West Chester
Saturday, December 18
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.– FREE Cookie Decorating for Kids and more family fun at Oscar Lasko YMCA (1 E. Chestnut St.). Masks are required for this event and attendees must pre-register for one of eight time slots available. 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
- 2 p.m.-4 p.m.– FREE Hot Chocolate and Coffee at M&T Bank at 10 N. High St.
- 2 p.m.-3 p.m.– Making Spirits Bright Holiday Music Series featuring East High School Choir inside the Chester County History Center (2nd floor auditorium) 225 N. High St.
- 3 p.m.-4 p.m.– Santa is Coming for Pictures! Since we don’t want Santa to catch a cold in the rain right before Christmas, he will join us at M&T Bank located at 10 N. High St. for photos! Come see Santa and enjoy a FREE hot chocolate or coffee.
For more details on daily events, visitors should be sure to check an updated schedule at GWCC.org.
Chester County Hospital and more than 50 local businesses are making it all possible. On ‘Twas the Weekend Before Christmas, special thanks goes to: Cookie Decorating Sponsor John Serock Catering, Making Spirits Bright Holiday Music Series sponsor First Bank, Professional Gingerbread House Competition sponsor Delphi Wealth Management Group, Santa on the Fire Truck sponsor Tolsdorf Oil Lube Express, New Year’s Celebration sponsor LifeBrand and Christmas Tree sponsor Lamb McErlane.
Entire blocks of the borough are illuminated thanks to premium sponsors Benchmark Federal Credit Union, First Bank of New Jersey, Oakbourne Advisors, West Chester University, West Chester Business Improvement District and West Pharmaceutical Services. Half-block sponsors include A.J. Blosenski, Inc., CTDI, Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, Media One Products, Penn Oaks Golf Club, Rothman Orthopaedics, Rudloff Custom Builders and West Chester Dental Arts.
Holiday lights quarter-block sponsors include Buckley Brion Mcguire & Morris LLP, Dave’s Automotive Repair Enterprises, First Resource Bank, Fred Beans Ford of West Chester, Infiniti of West Chester, La Difference Salon & Day Spa, MacElree Harvey, Ltd., My Benefit Advisor, Northwestern Mutual, PECO, Rothwell Document Solutions, S&T Bank and WSFS Bank. Blue Dog Printing is providing digital printing support.
For additional information, visit GreaterWestChester.com or contact the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce at 610-696-4046, firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the fun on Facebook & Instagram @GreaterWestChester, and on Twitter @GWCC_PA #HolidayWeekendsInWestChester
Photo Credit: Gary Altoonian Photography