Jingle Elf Run 6:30pm | Parade 7:15pm | Holiday Village 5-9pm
This year is the 41st Annual QVC West Chester Christmas Parade! This year is set to be our BEST parade yet, with enough holiday spirit to keep Santa’s sleigh flying high until Christmas Day.
This annual West Chester tradition, hosted by the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, will kick off Friday, December 4, 2020 at 7:15pm! The parade promises to provide a seasonal mix of traditional elements with a modern twist—local schools, businesses, volunteer fire companies, and other service organizations will join the many marching bands, floats, and antique vehicles that have cemented themselves as mainstays in the QVC West Chester Christmas Parade experience.
Also returning this year as Master of Ceremonies is 6abc’s own Adam Joseph, along with QVC hosts Dan Hughes and Carolyn Gracie who will be introducing speakers, entertainers, and other volunteers all night, so be sure to come early to get a good spot! But that’s not all!
Before the parade, many local businesses and organizations throughout downtown West Chester will be hosting Holiday Open Houses featuring seasonal refreshments and entertainment in preparation for the parade, and the Key Financial Holiday Village is open 5pm – 9pm (complimentary treats, hot chocolate, face painting, holiday tunes, photo opps and more – ALL FREE!).
Plus the Annual US Air Force Jingle Elf Run & Walk (2-mile run or 1-mile walk) kicks off at 6:30pm (before the parade).
This year also holds the second annual Fill The Stocking! After the US Air Force Jingle Elf Run and right before QVC West Chester Christmas Parade kick-off, we will be sending volunteers along the parade route to collect monetary donations that go straight to our local first responders, without whom this night wouldn’t be possible. And don’t worry about losing your prime parade-viewing location — we’ll come to you! Be on the lookout for our Fill The Stocking first responder vehicle!
The Chamber is proud to announce that QVC will be returning as our title sponsor! “The Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with QVC on this fantastic family event,” says Chamber President Mark Yoder. “Their continued sponsorship for this beloved holiday parade demonstrates their support, not only for the Chamber, but for the entire West Chester community.”
While you’re out shopping this holiday season, think about the needy. . . the Christmas Toy Drive presented by WSFS Bank is collecting toys at WSFS branch locations culminating with the annual Holiday Toy Drive Breakfast (open to the public, RSVP required) at St Agnes School. The US Air Force Jingle Elf Run will take place on Friday just before the parade. Plus, check out all that’s happening in town all weekend long!
The QVC West Chester Christmas Parade is one of West Chester’s premier events, and we can’t wait for you to experience all the exciting events of the night. See you all there!
Don’t forget to use #WCChristmasParade to share all of your fun with us!
The parade will start at New and Market Street, before traveling East on Market Street. From there, the parade will head North on Matlack Street, then West on Gay Street, and finally, finish South down New Street.
Family Tip: The best early view of Santa occurs on West Market Street. The parade duration (from first element to the final float) is scheduled to be approximately 90 minutes. Spectators on Gay St. will see the first element after the parade travels down Market St. then turns north on Matlack St. then westward onto Gay St.
Parade Day Schedule
5:00 – 9:00pm | Key Financial Holiday Village
High Street between Gay and Market Streets
5:30pm | Registration for US Air Force Jingle Elf Run
Bryn Mawr Running Company, 24 S. High Street
6:30pm | US Air Force Jingle Elf Run
Start/Finish Line: E. Market Street between High and Walnut Streets (7:05pm – Awards at Main stage [High and Market Streets])
7:15pm | QVC West Chester Christmas Parade
The parade duration (from first element to the final float) is scheduled to be approximately 90 minutes. Spectators on Gay St. will see the first element after the parade travels down Market St. then turns north on Matlack St. then westward onto Gay St.
Street Closures on
Friday, December 4, 2020
• High St. between Gay & Market will close at 10:00am
• W. Market St. between New St. and Bradford Ave.
will be closed 3:00-10:00pm (staging area)
The following streets will be closed 5:00-9:30pm
• Gay St. between Matlack & New
• Market St. between Matlack & Bradford Ave.
• Walnut St. between Chestnut & Miner
• High St. between Chestnut & Miner
• Church St. between Chestnut & Market
• Darlington St. between Chestnut & Wollerton Alley
• New St. between Chestnut & Market
(All times subject to change without notice)
Downtown West Chester has a variety of parking opportunities available for visitors including parking garages, parking lots and metered parking spots. It’s recommended to review the options. Expect parking garages to be full by 5:30 PM. The link above can provide you with a little know-how, and you will be parking like a pro in no time. Additionally, the following places are offering parking at their locations:
- West Chester Elks Lodge ($10 per car starting at 4PM; approx. 0.6 miles from the parade)
- Bradford Plaza (shopping center with Giant; approx. 1 mile from the parade)
- Henderson High School (approx. 0.6 miles from the parade)
- West Chester University is providing free parking in M Lot (approx. 8 blocks from the parade)
This year, we are proud to offer two new options to help you and your family get from your parking spot to the parade action:
- Take the train! Drive to the Station Road Train Station (Cheyney Train Station). From 5:00pm – 5:30pm, board the train heading in to the West Chester Train Station, and board again at the West Chester Train Station at 9:30pm to head back to your car at Cheyney! Tickets are $5 per person, with a maximum price of $20 per family, and they are available for purchase at the Township Building from 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Make a reservation with West Chester Free Ride! West Chester Free Ride is a free ride service now available in downtown West Chester. Drivers work for tips, and their cars are 100% eco-friendly! So if you or your family doesn’t feel like walking from one of our many parking locations into town, be sure to book a free ride with West Chester Free Ride!